We completed this dramatic Kensal Rise project in collaboration with Trevor Brown Architects, the firm responsible for refurbishing and extending our client’s home. The interior was designed with a view to creating a classic yet contemporary space for entertaining. A large roof light extending over the side return, and stylish crittall doors flood the room with natural light. This bright space is the perfect match for Little Greene’s striking, almost black, Obsidian Green hue. From the seating area to the internal doors, the statement monochrome palette brings a luxurious modern edge to our painted shaker furniture.
A host of opulent design details take our exquisite cabinetry and pared-back colour scheme to the next level. Three beautifully proportioned pendant lights accentuate the island, complementing the chic vintage brass handles and bar stools. A gorgeous glazed walk-in pantry adds a magnificent yet practical grandeur to the room. The Victorian theme continues through the decorative wall moulding and elegant wall lights. Both cleverly emphasise the plush banquette seat. One feature we simply can’t ignore is the showstopping Arabescato marble worktops and splashback. This extraordinary surface undeniably transforms our client’s beautiful and timeless space.
A generous dining table is essential to any kitchen designed for entertaining. In order to incorporate a suitable dining area, we augmented the space with a bespoke banquette seat. As well as creating room for the table, the bench seat adds an informal, sociable quality to the design. The fantastic American-style fridge-freezer and charming bookshelves echo this laid-back, contemporary tone. Complete with stunning herringbone flooring and outstanding appliances, this beautiful Kensal Rise kitchen delivers flawless style and uncompromising functionality.
- Location: Kensal Rise, London
- Style: Painted Shaker Kitchen
- Cabinet Colour: Little Greene Obsidian Green 216
- Island Colour: Little Greene Obsidian Green 216
- Handles: Corston Kilburn Furniture Knobs and Handles – Antique Brass
- Worktops: 20mm thick Arabescato Marble
- Range Cooker: Rangemaster Nexus SE 1100 Induction
- Fridge: Fisher & Paykel RF610ADJX5
- Sink: Blanco Claron 550/200-U
- Tap: Quooker Flex Pro 3 Stainless steel, CUBE
- Photography: Darren Chung
- Architect: Trevor Brown Architects