While this unconventional space is quite spectacular to admire, it certainly posed some design challenges. Namely, how to create a sense of cohesion between the two zones while delivering on practicality. As well as making a charming design feature, the pot filler above the range negates the issue of traversing the room with heavy pans of water. While the main kitchen area provides space for cooking and preparing food, the island serves as a lovely social hub and washing up spot.
A magnificent bespoke canopy frames the fantastic Lacanche range. This, in turn, is framed by the opening between the two rooms. The square island cleverly references this architectural feature, bringing a sense of continuity to the space. Subtle whitewashed brick detailing behind the kitchen establishes further unity. Our Muswell Hill clients weren’t afraid to embrace an adventurous colour choice. The crimson undertones of Little Greene’s Welcome Dark pair beautifully with the deep aubergine Cordoba island. Finally, our client’s bar stools add an elegant contemporary touch to the interior. This Muswell Hill kitchen is every bit as unique and charming as it’s extraordinary setting.
- Location: Muswell Hill , London
- Style: Traditional Painted Shaker kitchen
- Cabinet colour: Little Greene Welcome Dark 181
- Island Colour: Little Greene Cordoba 277
- Worktops: SG Carrara – From Sabrestone
- Handles: Armac Martin Cotswold Mushroom knob 32 mm – 4063/C/SBUL
- Pulls: Armac Martin Cotswold bin pull – 3090/SBUL
- Range Cooker: Lacanche Cluny 100 – Black with brass trim
- Fridge: Neff KI5872S30G
- Dishwasher: Neff S515U80D2G
- Kitchen Sink: Villeroy and Boch Cisterna 60C – white finish
- Kitchen Tap: Perrin and Rowe Celeste 3-in-1 Instant Hot water tap – 1970 (no rinse)
- Pot filler: Perrin and Rowe pot filler with lever handles – 4799